The Interval & Leigh Silverman

Leigh Silverman inspires me. She's an incredible director, has a ton of really focused energy, has been wildly successful in her career (directed on Broadway at 31), and she isn't an asshole. In fact, she's been incredibly generous with her time and energy when I've met her or had drinks with her. Her support of other women in the field is an absolute inspiration.

So I was thrilled to read this recent interview, which is written beautifully by Victoria Myers on a website that I'm very glad to have discovered called The Interval: the smart girls' guide to theatricality. Incredible articles, very smart, funny, and about women in the theatre. It's New York focused for the most part, (maybe I should offer to write some Chicago articles?) but it makes me really happy.

Other highlights from my reading about directors include: this interview with Lisel Tommy, 7 Women from Theatre History you should know, and 7 more Women from THYSK.

This site is going to be part of my regular theatre reads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Movies/Documentaries for Emerging Theater Directors...or any directors...(ongoing list)

Margaret Webster